Dr. Michael Zufelt , DO, Salt Lake City Utah, completed his undergraduate studies at the University of Utah and Brigham Young University, and received his medical degree from the esteemed Midwestern University in Chicago.
After practicing as an Emergency Specialist in Salt Lake City and Bountiful, Utah, for several years, Dr. Zufelt began working under the direction of Dr. Matt Leavitt and Dr. Mel Mayer with Medical Hair Restoration, to complete the prestigious MHR fellowship in Hair Transplant Surgery. "Training under a certified fellowship program was important to me because of the unequivocal experience and high standards," says Dr. Zufelt, "And also, Medical Hair Restoration's commitment to excellence in hair transplantation fits with my personal philosophy to help each patient by giving them something they can enjoy for the rest of their lives." Dr. Zufelt worked with the MHR team of hair restoration physicians for many years and is continuing to refine and excel in hair transplantation techniques.
As a Utah native, Dr. Zufelt enjoys serving his patients and friends in the Salt Lake City, Utah and surrounding areas under the name of Hair Restoration Center of Utah. He continues to provide a world class experience in hair transplant surgery.
For Dr. Zufelt, the most satisfying aspect of being a hair transplant surgeon in Utah is seeing his patients return for follow up visits. "Seeing the changes, not only in the volume of their hair, but in the way my patients feel about themselves is deeply gratifying to me," he smiled, "It's just amazing how many aspects of my patient's lives improve when they can look in the mirror and see their hair growing in."
At this time Dr. Zufelt is the only Fellowship trained diplomate of the ABHRS in Salt Lake City, or in Utah, this means stress-free procedures, and amazing results.
- Diplomate, American Osteopathic Board of Emergency Medicine
- Diplomate, American Board of Hair Restoration Surgery (ABHRS)
- Hair Transplantation Fellowship, Medical Hair Restoration
- Residency, Chicago Osteopathic Hospital
- Internship, Eastmoreland General Hospital
- Doctorate, Midwestern University
- Graduate, Western University
- Undergraduate, attended both Brigham Young University and the University of Utah
- American Osteopathic Association
- ISHRS International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery
- American College of Osteopathic Emergency Physicians
- Effects of serum for patient graft storage during hair transplantation surgery
- Recruitment of hair from donor area and effects of elasticity from hair transplant surgery
- Hair stability following hair transplant surgery
- Effects of PRP and microneedling on hair growth