Hair Restoration Center of Utah accept most major credit cards. We also offer financing through a third party lender which have made it easy to apply online. is a large national financing company used by many health care providers across the nation. Special financing options: No interest if paid in full within 6 or 12 months
We understand that sometimes life throws unexpected challenges in the best plans and if you need to change your surgery schedule we will try to accommodate you as best we can. However, to be fair to all of our patients we have a minimum 14 day refund policy for surgery deposits. Your consideration in this matter will allow us to accommodate other patients who could benefit from an appointment.
What to Expect Before Surgery
- No strenuous physical activity for 3-5 days prior to surgery.
- Wash your hair, allow hair to grow at least one half inch on back and sides.
- Eat a normal meal before surgery.
- Do not wear a t-shirt or anything that needs to be pulled over the head, i.e. wear a button-up shirt.
- Avoid the use of aspirin, vitamin E, Rogaine, Marijuana, alcohol the week before surgery.
What to Expect After Surgery
- There may be redness in the areas of transplant, and expect scab formation for the next 7-10 days.
- Occasionally your forehead will swell post-operatively.
- You are expected to wash the graft area daily. Instructions will be given on how to do that.
- You may experience post-operative shock loss at about 3-4 weeks following a procedure.
- Sleep with your head elevated for 3-4 nights (extra pillows are usually sufficient).
- No strenuous physical activity for 3-5 days after surgery.
- Do not rub or pick scalp area.
- Hair products may be restarted at 5 days.
- Hair coloring and perms should be avoided until sutures are removed.
Questions To Ask Your Surgeon
Choosing the right hair restoration surgeon for you is important and can be overwhelming. Here are some questions to ask your surgeon. Gathering information is the most important step in finding the right hair restoration physician.
- Are you board certified specifically in hair restoration surgery?
- Have you completed a certified fellowship program in hair restoration surgery?
- Are you a member of the following organizations; www.ishrs.org or www.abhrs.org?
- Do you have technicians working for you that have at least 1-2 years experience in hair transplant surgery?
- Do your hair technicians dissect under microscopes?
- Are your hair technicians licensed medical assistants?
- Have you performed at least 50-100 hair restorations procedures?
- Do you have pictures of your actual patients available upon request?
- Do you have patient referrals I can contact?
- Do you guarantee that the grafts you place will grow?
- How much experience to you have with performing hair transplant surgery?